What is mending?
Mending means to patch something up or to repair and by using this technique, you can breathe new life into old items like clothes, bags, etc.
And it's quite simple!
You insert a scrap of fabric under the whole and tack it into place by stitching in different directions to create a fine pattern.
We recommend that you use specific mending yarn for the project. Use wool yarn to mend knitwear and cotton yarn to mend e.g. denim or cotton canvas.
- A how to guide to Pojagi - the beautiful Korean patchwork technique. Read in 3-4 minutes.
- We all have a garment we’re desperate to keep. A blouse, a sweater or a pair of pants. They may be worn and holed but you can’t part with them.
- Different pleating techniques to sew graphical patterns on e.g. cushions. Read in 3-4 min.
- We've listed the 10 best tips and tricks for sewing with denim and jeans. Get off to a good start on your DIY jeans, jean skirt, denim jacket, or more.
- Add ruffles for an elegant, feminine look.